Mentor: Robert Svatek
I am a postdoctoral fellow with research interest in translational cancer biology and immune therapy. I have more than 7 years of molecular and cancer biology experience. As a Postdoctoral Fellow focusing on cancer immunology, I am specifically interested in the research for development of novel immunotherapies in the field of bladder oncology.
|2008||BSc (Microbiology)||University of Calcutta|
|2010||MSc (Microbiology)||University of Calcutta|
|2015||PhD (Cellular and Structural Biology)||UT Health San Antonio|
Immunology, Immune Therapy, Bladder Oncology
|2017||John Quale Fellow (BCAN)|
|2018||AAI Trainee Abstract Award|
|2019||Postdoctoral Fellowship Award, CPRIT-funded institutional Research Training|
|2019||Jackson Travel Schoarship Jackson Laboratories|
|2019||Young Investigator Award, Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN)|
|2019||Poster Award (1st Place), 7th Annual San Antonio Postdoctoral Research Forum|
|2015-Present||The American Association of Immunologists (AAI)|
|2015-Present||Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN)|
|2012-Present||American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)|
|2015-Present||American Association of Indian Scientists for Cancer Research (AAISCR)|
- Mukherjee N., Ghosh R, Kumar P. DNA methylation and flavonoids in genitourinary cancers. Curr Pharmacol Rep., 2015, 1(2):112-120, (PMCID: PMC4437245).
- Mukherjee N, Houston TJ, Cardenas E and Ghosh R. To be an ally or an adversary in bladder cancer: why the NF-κB story has not unfolded. Carcinogenesis, 2015, 36(3):299-306, (PMCID: PMC4425835).
- Mukherjee N, Cardenas E, Bedolla R and Ghosh R. SETD6 regulates NF-κB signaling in urothelial cell survival: Implications for bladder cancer. Oncotarget, 2017, 28;8(9):15114-15125, (PMCID: PMC5362471).
- Mukherjee N, Ji N, Hurez V, Curiel T, Montgomery M, Braun A, Nicolas M, Aguilera M, Kaushik D, Liu Q, Ruan J, Kendrick K and Svatek RS. Intratumoral CD56bright natural killer cells are associated with improved survival in bladder cancer. Oncotarget, 2018, 9(92):36492-36502, (PMCID: PMC6284861).
- Mukherjee N, Liu Q, Chen C, Huang T, Gelfond J, Lotan Y, Wheeler K, Ji N, Svatek RS. High frequency of intratumoral natural killer cells predicts improved survival for patients with locally advanced bladder cancer. J. Urol, 2019 (Under review).
- Brock EB, Cornell JE, Mukherjee N, Oppenheimer JS, Svatek RS. Efficacy of Bacillus Calmette-Guerin strains for the treatment of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer: A systematic review and network meta-analysis. J Urol, 2017, 198(3):503-510, (PMCID: PMC6464123).
- Mukherjee N, Wheeler K, Svatek RS. Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) treatment of bladder cancer: a systematic review and commentary on recent publications. Curr Opin Urol, 2019, 29(3):181-188, (PMID:30762672).
- Ji N, Mukherjee N, Morales E, Tomasini M, Hurez V, Curiel T, Abate G, Hoft D, Zhao X, Gelfond J, Maiti S, Cooper L, Svatek RS. Percutaneous BCG enhances innate effector antitumor cytotoxicity during treatment of bladder cancer: a translational clinical trial. OncoImmunology, 2019, (In press).
- Mukherjee N, Svatek RS, Mansour AM. Role of immunotherapy in BCG-relapsing non-muscle invasive bladder cancer. Urol Oncol, 2017, 36(3):103-108, (PMCID: PMC6428193).
- Svatek RS, Ji N, Leon E, Mukherjee N, Kabra A, Hurez V, Nicolas M, Michalek J, Javors M, Wheeler K, Sharp D, Livi C, Shu Z, Henkes D, and Curiel T. Rapamycin prevents surgery-induced immune dysfunction in patients with bladder cancer. Cancer Immunol Res, 2018, 7(3):466-475, (PMID: 30563829).
- Mukherjee N and Svatek RS. Prognostic significance and implications for therapy of PD-1 in BCG-relapsing bladder cancer. Ann Surg Oncol, 2018, 25(9):2498-2499, (PMID: 29971674).