The SABER Scholars Library is a collection of critical readings to support the professional development of our Scholars. Mentors seek to provide scholars with articles, web links, reference books, sample teaching materials, and other professional resources to enhance your teaching and research skills and to advance career development.
Articles, books, websites you recommend?
Share them by contacting John Gomez, Ph.D. via phone (210-431-6577) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applying for Academic Jobs
- Job Search Sources.
- Articles – Choosing the Right Job
- Articles – The Job Market
- Articles – The Job Search Experience
- Articles – Components of a Job Application
- Articles – Cover Letters and Statements
- Articles – Job Interviews
Career Advice: Life in Academia
- Monthly Sources. Check Back Regularly.
- Articles – Publishing and Research Activity
- Articles – Daily Life in Academia
- Articles – Career Development and Relationships
Teaching-Pedagogy and recommended Books
- Recommended Books – Teaching
- Articles – Lectures and Classroom Activities
- Articles – Classroom and Laboratory Approaches
- Articles – Students
- Articles – Advising and Mentoring
- Articles – Testing and Assessment
- Articles – Online Teaching
Supported, in part, by a PHS grant (K12 GM11726), San Antonio Biomedical Education and Research, from the National Institute of General Medical Science (NIGMS) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This is an Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Award (IRACDA).