Outstanding Postdoctoral Research Mentor Award
The Outstanding Postdoctoral Research Mentor Award recognizes exceptional faculty who mentor postdoctoral research fellows at the UT Health San Antonio (UT Health SA).
Nominations must be provided by a current UT Health SA postdoctoral research fellow. The postdoctoral research fellow may submit only one nomination per year and must have been under the research mentorship of the nominee for at least 12 months.
Awardees will receive institutional recognition and research-related travel funds ($1,000).
Full-time faculty who have conducted research at UT Health SA for a minimum of three (3) years are eligible for nomination. Awardees will have direct, on-going, and significant involvement with postdocs as well as evidence of commitment and effectiveness as a mentor of postdocs during their careers at UT Health SA. Awardees are faculty who have records of excellence in activities that guide postdoctoral research fellows toward intellectual and professional independence.
Selection and Award Process
A committee that includes postdoctoral research fellows and faculty will review nominations and provide a recommendation. The awardee will be recognized at the San Antonio Postdoctoral Research Forum (SAPRF) during National Postdoc Appreciation Week.
Nomination Submission Packet
- Nominating Letter: A current UT Health SA postdoctoral research fellow should prepare the nominating letter and main letter of support that includes:
- Name, department/school, and email address of postdoctoral research fellow
- Name and department/school of faculty nominee
- A statement regarding the faculty member’s mentoring and its impact.
- Letters of Support: A supporting letter must be provided by the Department Chair, Dean, Division Chief, or equivalent unit leader of the nominee. Additional letters of support from recent mentees or colleagues may also be included together with the two required letters.
- Vitae: A curriculum vitae of the nominee is required. In addition, supply NIH-formatted tables for the nominee that describe publications and outcomes of all current and prior postdoctoral trainees for the past 10 years (Tables 5B & 8C are available at here.
The complete nomination packet should be submitted electronically as a single PDF file to the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (email@example.com).
Nominations are no longer being accepted. Please check back on this page for updates.
If questions, contact the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs at 210.450.8280 or firstname.lastname@example.org.