Call for nominations
Annual Postdoctoral Research Mentor of the Year Award
The annual Postdoctoral Research Mentor of the Year Award recognizes exceptional faculty who mentor postdoctoral research fellows at UT Health San Antonio (UT Health SA). The awardee will receive institutional recognition and research-related travel funds ($1,000). The awardee will be announced at the 9th Annual San Antonio Postdoctoral Research Forum later this year.
Nominations are invited from any postdoctoral research fellow currently training at the institution or past postdoctoral research trainees (i.e., within 3 years of completion of postdoctoral training at UT Health SA). A postdoctoral research fellow may nominate only one faculty and must have been under the research mentorship of the nominee for at least 6 months at UT Health SA.
Any full-time UT Health SA faculty who has conducted research at the institution for a minimum of three (3) consecutive years and served as a mentor for one or more postdoctoral research fellows is eligible for nomination. Nominees will have direct, on-going, and significant involvement with postdoctoral research fellows as well as evidence of commitment and effectiveness as a mentor of postdoctoral research fellows during their careers at UT Health SA. Nominees are faculty who have records of excellence in activities that guide postdoctoral research fellows toward intellectual and professional independence. Prior recipients of the UT Health SA Outstanding Postdoctoral Research Mentor Award are not eligible for nomination until 3 years have elapsed since their most recent award.
A committee of faculty peers and UT Health Postdoctoral Association (UP) will review and vote on nominations.
Nominee Packet: For nominees, a submission packet will be required that should contain the following:
- Nomination Letter: A letter from the nominating postdoctoral research fellow, which should include:
- Name of the postdoctoral research fellow together with start date (mm/yyyy and end date (mm/yyyy) (if applicable) of postdoctoral research training at UT Health SA
- Name and primary department/center/institute and school of the faculty nominee
- The mentoring impact of the faculty nominee
- Explain in detail how the nominee has served as a mentor for you.
- Describe clearly and succinctly the nominee’s mentoring philosophy, and how the nominee demonstrates the attributes encapsulated in his/her mentoring philosophy.
- How has the nominee supported your current career stage and encouraged advancement towards your chosen career direction?
- Letter of Support (Required): A letter of support from the Department Chair, Dean, Division Chief, or equivalent unit leader of the faculty nominee.
- Additional Letters of Support (Optional): Letters of support from current or recent past mentees of the nominee and/or from his/her faculty colleagues are encouraged and could be included in the nomination packet.
- Nominees Curriculum Vitae
- Current and Prior Postdoctoral Research Trainees: NIH-formatted table for the outcomes (Tables 8C) of all current and prior postdoctoral research trainees of the nominee for the past 5 years (NIH-styled Tables are available here).
Complete nomination packet should be submitted electronically as a single PDF file to the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Nomination Packet Deadline Extended
Friday, August 6, 2021 by 5 p.m.
Please contact Laura Moreno at the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs at 210.567.0937 or email@example.com for any questions.