Bioinformatics postdoctoral research position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Bibhuti Mishra at the University of Texas Health Sciences Center San Antonio. The project combines genomics and bioinformatics tools with experimental immunology to address questions related to the understanding of innate memory and trained immunity in disparate disease conditions such as chronic granulomatous disease and post-influenza secondary pneumonia.
Highly motivated candidate will join projects funded by multiple NIH R01 grants focusing on macrophage and neutrophil responses to profile transcriptomic, proteomic and metabolomic changes guiding innate memory response, myelopoiesis and granulopoiesis in animal models and patient samples, with a long-term goal of precision medicine drug discovery and patient care. The position offers opportunities to collaborate with diverse groups of scientists and clinicians, and tremendous breadth of core facilities available for use, not only at UT Health San Antonio, but also in the high-profile institutions MD Anderson Cancer Center for the collaborative works.
- Highly motivated candidates with PhD/MD degree and research skills in mouse model, bioinformatics, systems biology, computational biology, network science, AI, machine learning, data science, genome science, and related fields, are encouraged to apply.
- A strong computational background, proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g., R, Python, Perl, C++, Java) and knowledge of bioinformatics and statistics are required.
- Training experience in artificial intelligence (such as machine learning and deep learning), experience working in high computing cluster environment, experience working with ADSP/ADNI, TopMed, GTEx, 1000 Genomes, UK-biobank, ENCODE, or ExAC, PDB, or other large-scale DNA/RNA-seq (including both bulk and single-cell/nucleus) data analysis is highly preferred.
- A good understanding of biology, genetics and genomics, and immune diseases.
- Demonstrated abilities to be collaborative across multi-disciplines.
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills as evidenced by significant contribution in publishing a minimum of one first author article from graduate work.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter describing your research experience/skills, a curriculum vitae and the contact information of three referees to Dr. Bibhuti Mishra (firstname.lastname@example.org).