The Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Joe R. & Teresa Lozano Long School of Medicine has an opening for a full-time postdoctoral fellow in the lab of Dr. Kumar Sharma. The Renal Precision Medicine laboratory focus is on identifying biomarkers and therapeutic targets by ‘Omic’ approaches. The laboratory has been recently NIH funded to develop kidney precision medicine program for analysis of spatial metabolomic profiling of kidney tissues to map disease states. The laboratory uses targeted metabolomics and imaging mass spectrometry along with animal models and cell culture studies to integrate basic research to translational medicine.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with:
1. Metabolomic analysis together with systems biology approaches in animal models and humans will be used to identify targets of diabetic kidney disease.
2. Apply high resolution imaging mass spectroscopy for spatial metabolomics in animal and human kidney tissue sections
3. Targeted quantitative metabolomics analysis of urine, plasma and tissue samples from cell culture, mouse and human samples using GC-MS and LC-MS
• Ph.D. in Analytical chemistry, Chemistry, Biochemistry or Life Sciences
• Experience in cardiovascular, renal or metabolic disease research areas
• Strong background and hands-on experience in qualitative and/or quantitative mass spectrometry
• Hands-on experience in GC-MS, LC-MS and HPLC, preferably in small molecule analyses.
Experience in MRM method development.
• Preference for candidates with experience in Imaging Mass Spectrometry and/or experience in
handling mouse models
• Strong analytical background and excellent problem solving skills
• Knowledge in bioinformatics and data processing tools such as R, cytoscape, metaboanalyst
• Ability to handle multiple projects and excellent trouble shooting skills
• Strong team player and excellent inter-personnel skills.
Please send following documents as combined single PDF to Manjula Darshi, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org.
CV including education list, publication list and at least two names and email addresses of references. Summary of previous and current research and future plan (1-2 pages)