Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position at the University of Texas Health San Antonio, in the Department of Biochemistry and Structural Biology, working in the laboratory of Asst. Prof. Kevin Koronowski. Candidates should have experience in molecular or cell biology (or related field), and be excited by the opportunity to significantly shape a young lab’s research program.
The laboratory aims to identify root causes of, and potential therapies for, metabolic disease by studying the metabolic communication between cells and organs within the circadian clock system. Projects feature techniques in metabolism and molecular biology, including isotope tracing, chromatin-immunoprecipitation and sequencing, proteomics and metabolomics, as well as cell and genetic mouse models (see, for example: Koronowski et al. Cell, 2019; Koronowski and Sassone-Corsi. Science, 2021; Koronowski et al. Cell Reports, 2021; Greco, Koronowski, Smith et al. Science Advances, 2021).
Faculty Profile: https://directory.uthscsa.edu/academics/profile/koronowski
Job Duties Include:
- Contribute to the development of a vibrant and collaborative lab culture
- Pursue independent research projects which align with the lab’s general scope
- Use data generated from projects to publish papers and apply for fellowships and aid in lab grant applications
- Present findings locally and at international meetings
- Mentor junior members of the lab
- Utilize core facilities and services
- Work with surrounding colleagues and establish collaborations
Biochemistry and Structural Biology is a rapidly expanding Department which features leading researchers in many areas including structural biology, DNA repair, cancer and a burgeoning interest in metabolism. State of the art core facilities are located throughout campus. The laboratory features brand new, open space located in the Sam and Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies.
Discipline: Life Science or Related
Experience: Molecular or cell biology, or related
Candidates can apply by sending the following to Dr. Koronowski at Koronowski@uthscsa.edu:
- A 1 page description of research background, accomplishments and interests, with a link to MyBibliography
- Contact information for 3 references
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Informal enquires can be made by contacting Dr. Koronowski at Koronowski@uthscsa.edu