The SABER Scholars Library is a collection of critical readings to support the professional development of our Scholars. Mentors seek to provide scholars with articles, web links, reference books, sample teaching materials, and other professional resources to enhance your teaching and research skills and to advance career development.
Articles, books, websites you recommend?
Share them by contacting John Gomez, Ph.D. via phone (210-431-6577) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applying for Academic Jobs
- Job Search Sources.
- Articles – Choosing the Right Job
- Articles – The Job Market
- Articles – The Job Search Experience
- Articles – Components of a Job Application
- Articles – Cover Letters and Statements
- Articles – Job Interviews
Career Advice: Life in Academia
- Monthly Sources. Check Back Regularly.
- Articles – Publishing and Research Activity
- Articles – Daily Life in Academia
- Articles – Career Development and Relationships
Mentoring Recommended Readings
- Articles – Best Practices in Mentoring
- Articles – Improving as a Mentor: Skill Building
- Articles – Daily Life as a Mentor: Experiences and Lessons Learned
- Articles – The Mentees’ Perspective: Tips for a Better Experience
- Articles – Lectures and Classroom Activities
- Articles – Classroom and Laboratory Approaches
- Articles – Advising Students
- Articles – Testing and Assessment
- Articles – Online Teaching
Teaching-Pedagogy – Selected Readings
- Recommended Books – Teaching
- Article: Improve undergraduate science education. Authors: Bradforth, S. Nature 2015.
- Article: Time to teach (for young scientists). Author: Smaglik, P. Nature, 2011.
- Article: Why we are teaching science wrong, and how to make it right. Author: Waldrop, M. Nature, 2015.
Supported, in part, by a PHS grant (K12 GM111726), San Antonio Biomedical Education and Research, from the National Institute of General Medical Science (NIGMS) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This is an Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Award (IRACDA).